Facebook

Monday, February 10, 2020

Glen Scotia 15 yo (1999/2014), Cadenhead’s - Sherry, 58,7%

Review #820
This is from the Wood Range series and is bottled from a Sherry cask. Only 588 bottles were made. A lot of dates and over ripe plums in the smell. Oak as well, but somehow it still feels light and sweet.

Oak and tannins in the taste. The tannins had me quite surprised at first, after the lightness in the smell. The tannins carries all the way out in the finish. Some fruity sweetness and dried fruits comes forward as well.

I’m not very sensitive to Sulphur, but I think you have to stay clear of this if you are! For a 15 years old Sherry cask matured whisky, I find it lacking some complexity. Not much is going on here… I will give this 85/100 (22/21/21/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment