Facebook

Monday, August 24, 2020

Anecdote 24 yo (1995/2020), Chapter 7, 47,9%

Review #826
This is a blended malt from the series A Whisky Anthology. It’s two Bourbon barrels, bottled at cask strength, with a number of 424 bottles. Sweet red apples, vanilla and light citrusy notes in the background in the smell. A touch of bitter oak as well.

Floral and soapy, is the first that comes to mind in the taste. Some perfume as well. It reminds me of the old FWP Bowmore, just without the peat. The best part about the finish, is that these unpleasant notes linger off...

I have such a hard time with this kind of soapy-perfume-floral notes, so this is just not a whisky for me. If you enjoy these notes, then you can’t use my score of this whisky for anything, and you should just go and form your own opinion. I will give this 74/100 (20/17/18/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment