Facebook

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Irishman, Small Batch 1703/2013, 40 %

Review #230
This is a triple distilled single malt Irish whiskey, and it is a mix of whiskey from bourbon and sherry casks. It is very light and with fresh fruits on the nose. Some fresh barley as well. The triple distillation is really showing!

A mix of oak influence, dried fruits and some nuttiness joins in the taste. Absolutely delicious. The nuttiness, mostly almonds, stays in the finish with some vanilla, marzipan sweetness and melted honey. These casks cannot have been chared very much!

My expectations were not very high after I smelled it, but when I tasted it, I had to surrender! The tastes, the way they mixes and the way they stay in the mouth is great. I will give this 84/100 (19/22/21/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment