Facebook

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Longmorn 16 yo (bottled 2010), 48 %

Review #259
This is the follower to the popular 15 years old. This specific bottle of the 16 years old is bottled in 2010. Lot of nuts in the smell. Lot of wood as well with vanilla sweetness in the background. Some toffee and caramel as well in the end.

The wood is very dominant in the taste as well. It brings out some spices and nutty notes. The spices stay in the finish where some vanilla re-emerge, but the main topic all the way through is wood. I expected more complexity after I nosed it, but I find the palate a bit simple. The danger of expectation!

I am very glad that they kept this at 48 %. It makes it full of taste and the finish quite long. Water doesn’t do much for me except make it more watery. I will give this 83/100 (20/21/21/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment