Facebook

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Craigellachie 15 yo (1997/2013), G&M Reserve, 57,1 %

Review #307
This is from the range ”Reserve” from Gordon & MacPhail and is bottled for van Wees. It is a single cask bottling from a refill American Hogshead with the cask number 115 and only 274 bottles were made. Loads of bananas in the smell. Light burned oak, coconut and vanilla as well. I know it sounds exotic, but it really isn’t (not meant in a bad way).

Peat! I didn’t really notice the peat on the nose, but peat is the first thing I get in the taste! Peat and alcohol, in the good way. The finish is full of wood, nuts and vanilla. It is a bit bitter, but not in a way that annoys me.

The smell is a bit basic, but from there it really takes off! I would guess that the bitterness comes from the wood, and if you don’t mind that, you will probably like this. If you do mind, stay clear of this one! I will give this 85/100 (20/21/22/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment