Facebook

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Glen Scotia 23 yo (1992/2015), Liquid Treasures, 53,6%

Review #493
This is from the series “Charlie – Special Edition”, and only 214 bottles were made from this Bourbon hogshead. Overripe plums, orange chocolate and oak in the smell. You can feel the high ABV but it doesn’t burn your nose.

Again, I get the plums in the taste. Almost like what you get from fresh Sherry casks. Then it turns more fresh and just a tad bitter. The ripe plums get switched with fresh apricots and apples and pineapple. Spices and oak comes forward in the finish. Black pepper as the most dominating spice.

A true Campbeltown malt. Single cask, natural colour, unchill filtered and bottled at cask strength, just as it was intended! A bit heavy and richly flavoured, yet fresh! I could sip this for a while (but then again, I love my Campbeltown malts)! Complex with a great balance. I will rate this 90/100 (22/23/22/23).

No comments:

Post a Comment