Facebook

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Campbeltown Loch, 40%

Review #637
This is bottled by Springbank Distillers Ltd, and it is said to be about 5 years old, with Springbank and Longrow in the mix. Sweet grainy vanilla in the smell. White fruits, especially apples and just a hint of hay and toffee.

Lightly peated with vanilla shining through in the taste. The vanilla is also dominant in the finish, which dies off a bit fast. Behind all the vanilla, the white fruits are hiding. A bit higher strength, and I actually think that the finish would have been very good!

I didn’t expect much, and the low ABV didn’t make me expect more, but it is actually a quite nice, easy sipping dram. It is not very complex, but on the other hand, the alcohol isn’t aggressive as it can be in some young blended whiskies. As I said, a nice easy sipping dram. I will give this 81/100 (20/21/20/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment