Facebook

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Glen Grant 10 yo, 40 %

Review #12
The smell is classic! Hints of vanilla and some fruits appear after a minute in the glass. Dry fruits and some banana. The taste is a bit harsh at first, even though it’s only 40 %. Very simple, fruits, malt and some earthy taste.

The finish is a bit better, but still the same, and the balance is fine throughout the whisky, but very simple. Not that I expected more from a 10 year old 40 % whisky. Luckily for me, the European qualifier in the TV is more exiting!

I didn’t expect a sensational whisky, or something very flavorful, so I will not hold that against it. It is a classic 10 year old whisky. Perhaps a bit more fruity than other 10 year olds from for example Highland. I will give this whisky 79/100 (20/19/20/20)

No comments:

Post a Comment