Facebook

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Glen Garioch 9 yo (2000/2010), Provenance, 46 %

Review #209
This whisky from Douglas McGibbon comes from a refill hogshead with the number DMG 6299. The smell is fresh but young. Grass, dirt, some citrusy notes and honey in the end. Lots of honey! A bit rough on the nose.

Wauw the taste surprised me! Light creamy peat but with an ashy touch. I wasn’t expecting that! Some citrusy and malty notes comes forward in the finish but in a very pleasant way.

A young, complex and surprising whisky from Glen Garioch. Not at all what I expected after smelling it. This is why whisky is fun! It is still a bit too young and rough in my opinion, but the 46 % somehow makes it feel more full-bodied than it really is. I will give this 81/100 (19/20/21/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment