Facebook

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Islay Mist Deluxe, 40 %

Review #227
This blend has been around since the 1920s. It is known for its peatyness and the very very reasonable price tag. I bought mine in Germany for about €13. I get light peat and vanilla on the nose. After a couple of sniffs, I think that it is more hay than peat. Some light marzipan sweetness in the end.

Smooth, mellow with hints of peat. A very calm taste. Not at all what I expected, but it is way to watery and not many flavors getting through… The finish is almost non-existing. Only a few hints of sweetness stays behind.

The whisky is fine but is so light and unchallenging… It isn’t spirity or rough though, which a lot of young blends can be. To the price it is great if you will make some peaty cocktails or with an ice cube on a hot summer day. I will give this 77/100 (19/20/19/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment