Facebook

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Ardmore 11 yo (2004/2015), SMWS 66.80, 58,2 %

Review #296
This is called “Sweet Peat Carolina” and comes from a refill barrel. Only 174 bottles were made. Light, sweet and fruity on the nose. White fruits, like apples, and do I detect some peat in the far background? Yes I do, and the longer it sits in the glass, the more it opens up for the peat.

Sweet at first in the taste. Strangely sweet... Sour sweet! The oak comes to mind as well and develop into the finish where it is dominating. Burned oak and caramel. All the way through some dirt and peat is coming through, but very subtle.

Ardmore make some experimental whisky, and SMWS are kings at selecting these casks! This however, doesn't quite do it for me. A good dram, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't get up there with the other great Ardmores. I will give this 84/100 (21/20/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment