Facebook

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Macduff 38 yo (1968/2007), DT Rare Auld, 45,2 %

Review #299
From the Duncan Taylor series "Rare Auld". It has casknumber 8544 and only 201 bottles were made. Slightly roughness from the alcohol on the nose but then the flavors starts coming in. Some floral notes, nectar, vanilla and loads of oak. In the end, some sugary sweetness arrives.

Spicy at first in the taste, but the oaky notes comes rushing in pretty fast. Very watery in the finish, yet full of flavors. Strange feeling… Some faint salty licorice notes, yet sweet vanilla. The oak is still dominant though. Burned oak.

You can easily drink this without water, but if you do, be very gentle! Just a few drops can do the trick, and a couple of drops too much can easily drown it! This is old and rare whisky, but I can´t help myself thinking about that this is more about age than quality… I will give this 83/100 (21/21/20/21).

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds great. If I found I will definitely try this. Did you ever try Pappy Van Winkle? I have just tried it and it was worth it to me. I can't see any review on it on your website. Try it let us know how good it is.

    ReplyDelete