Facebook

Monday, July 18, 2016

Highland Park 18 yo, 43 %

Review #319
The 18 year old recently got a huge bump up in the price. Why? Maybe because the cost of the casks are getting more and more expensive, maybe just because they can (supply and demand) or maybe something else… Well, enough talk! The smell is fresh, fruity, sweet and some grass or hay. Sweet honey and raspberries/blueberries.

Wauw! The fruity sweetness from the berries is the first I taste. It’s so compact and full of flavors. The flavors from the oak really comes forward in the finish. Very elegant and compliment the fruity notes very well and some light citrus notes peeps out.

The only thing I can put my finger on, is the low ABV. I would love to try this at cask strength, or just 46 %. This is definitely the surprise of the month! I’ve heard good things about this, but now I have tasted for myself! What a dram! I will rate this 90/100 (22/23/22/23).

No comments:

Post a Comment