Facebook

Friday, September 30, 2016

Dalmore 12 yo, 40 %

Review #346
The description on Dalmores webpage is so good I have to copy and paste some of it here: Matured for an initial nine years in American white oak ex-bourbon casks, the spirit is then divided for its final flourish. One half remains in the bourbon barrels, while the other is transferred to exclusive 30 year old Gonzalez Byass Matusalem oloroso sherry butts. Burned caramel, toasted oak and dried fruits in the smell. A bit mild though in my opinion.

Again some burned caramel at first in the taste. Some dates and some gentle oak as well, but it is a bit watery at only 40 %. Some raisins comes forward but the caramel turns a bit bitter in the finish… Perhaps a bit too much E150a, or maybe it is just my mind playing tricks with me?

A fine dram with some fine sherry influence, but unfortunately the 40 % is a bit too low in my opinion. I think this have the potential to be so much more at, for example, 46 %. I will give this 82/100 (21/21/20/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment