Facebook

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Glen Garioch 15 yo (old label), 43 %

Review #360
Plums and dates are the first things I notice in the smell. Some oak and lightly some tannins are tickling my nose. It is quite thick actually and I think there is a fair amount of Sherry casks in this!

This is a real Highland malt. A sherry influenced Highland malt! Again very sherry influenced in the taste. I also get some earth, grass and salt. The finish is a little bit peppery, and do I get a little smoke as well? The oak is very good balanced all the way.

This just taste like the good old days. A classic old school Highland malt. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some older whisky in it as well. Even at 43 % it is doing well, but still I would love to try it with a bit higher strength. I will give this 87/100 (22/22/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment