Facebook

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Chivas Regal 12 yo, 40 %

Review #402
I don´t think this need a longer introduction. I remember it from my youth, and it can still be bought almost everywhere. Light vanilla, caramel and slightly spicy in the smell. Hints of peat, but in general very light. Not much is coming through to the nose.

A bit more peat, hay and grass in the taste. It has a medium finish where the hay lingers out in a pleasant way. Really not much else happens here. A typical blend where some different things happens here in the taste and finish, but never really succeeds as the ABV only is 40…

Even though it is only 40 %, the whisky gets a bit more interesting with water. Only a drop or two though! Be VERY careful as it drowns easily. I don’t know if it is the conditions or the atmosphere, but I actually find it a bit more interesting than many other new standard Single Malt expressions. I will give this 82/100 (21/20/20/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment