Facebook

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Rampur Single Malt Whisky, 43%

Review #604
This is the first single malt from Rampur Distillery. Fabric softener and floral perfume in the smell. Some elderflower comes forward in the end.
Again, in the taste, I get the perfume and the floral notes. A little caramel in the finish, but still with soap and fabric softener as dominant features…
To be honest, I don´t think they control the distillation process very well… Why all these soapy and perfumy floral notes? And by the way, water doesn’t help… At all… Or is there something wrong with this bottle? I will give this 65/100 (16/18/16/15).

1 comment:

  1. I tried this recently. Found it to be a very confused, disappointing dram. I was hoping for much more, given how well Paul John is be received. To me it's nose was full of rose water, and sadly this is how it tasted, like rose soap. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete