Facebook

Monday, April 30, 2018

Bunnahabhain, CWC – Single Cask Exclusives, 50%

Review #645
This is bottled in 2017 from the cask #MS 011. Loads of notes of new make spirit in the smell. So much that I, at first whif, thought it was new make! Then a bit of salt and ocean comes through alongside the peat.

Peat and maritime sweetness in the taste. Malted barley and white fruits. It is very salty in the finish. Then the salt, peat and some sweet vanilla lingers out. Very tasty finish indeed!

The smell tricked me a bit, as I almost thought it was new make! Or short time matured spirit at least… The taste and finish changed my opinion though! It is, however, far from the tasty fortified wine cask matured Bunnahabhain’s out there. I will give this 84/100 (20/21/22/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment