Facebook

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Islay Trilogy, Experimental Series, 48,1%

Review #673
This is from Leith Stillroom. I don´t know much about them, except that it is a place for experiments. This is a mix of Port Ellen, Ardbeg and Bowmore. The bottle is only 25 cl, and only 35 were made. Salt and peat in the smell. Like a sea breeze! Light vanilla, fresh white fruits and just a hint of lime.

Loads of peat and salt in the taste. A touch of spices and is it some floral notes I detect in the background? Exactly like the floral notes you can detect in many expressions from Bowmore. The sweet vanilla peat just stays forever in the finish alongside some sweetness from the white fruits!

The balance is fine and the ABV seems to be perfect for this expression. I feel I get a little from each distillery in this expression, so great work from the makers! I will give this 87/100 (22/21/22/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment