Facebook

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Isle of Jura 26 yo (1988), SMWS 31.30, 48,4%

Review #742
This whisky is called “Going Dutch” and comes from a refill hogshead. Only 204 bottles were made. Lemon cake, vanilla and smoke on the nose. Fresh white fruits, but not in the ‘under-matured’ kind of way.

Quite a lot of citrusy fruits in the taste for a 26 year old whisky. Wood and smoke shines through alongside the citrus. The finish gets a bit more sweet and caramel shines through. Slightly salted caramel alongside sweet pears.

I must be honest, and I think there is a reason why they just state refill… My guess is, that it´s not 2nd fill! Let’s leave it at that. And with that said, it’s still a fine dram, and you can tell that it is matured for while, but I haven’t guessed 26 years. I will give this 85/100 (22/21/21/21).

No comments:

Post a Comment