Facebook

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Mackmyra Midvinter, 46,1%

Review #759
This is the second release from the Mackmyra series “Seasons”. It is finished in Bordeaux, Sherry and Glühwine casks. Maybe strange, but the first thing I get in the smell is bubblegum. Hubba Bubba! Loads of fruits – baked apples, red berries, dried apricots, raisins, you name it.

It´s busy in the taste. You definitely get that it is a mix of different finishes. Heavy flavours – cherries and dried fruits with oak and spices coming through as well. Some sweetness comes forward in the finish, where the oak and spices gets a bit more dominant.

This is definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed it, and even if you are not to wine finishes, I think you should give it a shot. However, the many different styles, can make the palate seem a bit (too) “busy”. I think it would go great with a Pilsner. I will give this 83/100 (21/21/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment