Facebook

Monday, July 15, 2019

Tullibardine 21 yo (1993/2014), Cadenhead’s Small Batch, 46,9%

Review #784
This is from the Small Batch series and is bottled from a couple of Bourbon Hogsheads. Only 492 bottles were made. White and sweet exotic fruits in the smell. Some baked fruits, burned sugar and vanilla as well.

Baked apples, oak and burned sugar in the taste. Spices and roasted pineapple. Candied apples in the finish. Some faint citrusy notes, but not in the young kind of way. Quite sweet in the end. Just a vague hint of the classic Tullibardine floral notes beneath it all, but not too much.

Definitely one of the best Tullibardine’s I have tried. Not spectacular, but solid and good quality, where the age plays a big factor. I am yet to try an old Sherry matured Tulli, but I have the feeling that it would fall right in my taste. I will give this 87/100 (21/22/22/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment