Facebook

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Wilson & Morgan Sherry Cask Malt 8 yo (2009/2017), 43%

Review #828
This is a blended Highland Malt from Wilson & Morgan, which is a vatting of three Sherry casks (38418-19-27). My initial thoughts on the nose are not Sherry, but classic young grassy Highland malt. A little baked fruit and raisins in the background.

After the initial nosing, the taste actually took me a bit by surprise. Reminds me of an 80s 12 year old classic whisky. The raisins is a bit more dominant here, and some dried fruits comes forward alongside the grassy notes. The finish is fairly long, and is mainly a continuation of the taste.

The colour of this whisky reveal that it isn’t a heavily sherried whisky, and the nose confirms that. It’s young, but not “overly malty and citrusy” young, and the taste is actually quite rich in flavours. This grows on me for every sip I take. I will give this 82/100 (20/21/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment