Facebook

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Tomintoul 10 yo, 40 %

Review #8
On a grey rainy day, what is better than popin’ the cork of a new bottle of single malt scotch? Today I will try the Tomintoul 10 year old, and with the slogan “the gentle dram”, it seems appropriate.

The smell is floral, citrus and even though it is a 10 year old, I think it smells even younger. I really miss power and complexity. Well, maybe the taste will make up for what it´s missing on the nose.

The taste is a bit better. Some sweetness, citrus and funky fruits (cannot quite place it…).

The finish is very bland. Just a way to mild note of the taste. I couple of years extra in the barrels, and bottled at just a bit higher percentage, this could be a good whisky. But sadly I went to the theater to see a Hollywood production, but ended up with a Bollywood movie… A bad Bollywood movie…

I will give this whisky 74/100 (18/19/18/19).

No comments:

Post a Comment