Facebook

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Invergordon 19 yo (1993/2012), SMWS G5.8, 64,2%

Review #764
This whisky is called “Baked Goods” and comes from a refill ex-Bourbon hogshead. Only 231 bottles were made. Oh the smell in this! Cake and overwhelming sweetness – almost like a rum. Vanilla butter biscuits and just a hint of rubber.

A sugary and syrupy feeling in the taste. Burned caramel and exotic fruits. Coconuts and peaches mixed with creme brûlée. The finish is long, with all the flavours fading out nice and easy. The sweetness is in focus.

I know this is a high rating, but I just thoroughly enjoy every element of this whisky! Should I have guessed, I would have said +30 years old. The quality is good, the flavours is just me = high rating. But bear in mind that I love old grain. I will give this 90/100 (23/22/23/22).

No comments:

Post a Comment