Facebook

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Imperial 15 yo, 46%

Review #781
This is one of the only distillery bottlings from Imperial, and part of the series “Special Distillery Bottling – Allied”. Sweet cooked fruits in the smell. Some hay and vanilla as well. Reminds me of old school malts.

Somewhat the same in the taste, but I do get a hint of soapy notes as well. Like old bitter wood mixed with flower water... Kind of make me loose focus... Some burned caramel as well. The sweetness is back in the finish. Sweet white fruits.

This would have been rated a bit higher if it werent for the soapy notes... Luckily they are gone in the finish! With that said, nothing spectacular, and usually I find Imperial to be higher quality. Well, everything cant suit your palate. I will give this 80/100 (21/18/21/20).

No comments:

Post a Comment