Facebook

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Longrow 11 yo (2007/2019), Springbank Society - Sherry, 56,9%

Review #822
Another great Springbank Society bottling! This one is from refill, re-charred Sherry butts. Only 2250 bottles were made. Wow – Sherry influence as it should be, in the smell! So much dried fruits and charred oak, that the peat is living in the background.

Aaand here comes the Longrow peat rushing in, in the taste! At first you get a blast of flavours – peat, vanilla, dried fruist – swirling around in the mouth, and what a pure pleasure as they start to settle down! The finish is long and a nice touch of oak spices joins.

It might not be overly complex, but my God what a balance! Safe to say that it has been a while since I have had a <12 years old whisky like that! The more I taste, the more I’m leaning against Longrow being my favourite Springbank brand! I will give this 90/100 (23/22/22/23).

No comments:

Post a Comment